- Table View
- List View
He rose from hoodlum, thief, dope peddler, pimp to become the most dynamic leader of the Black Revolution. He said he would be murdered before this book appeared.
"Why should we do the dirtiest jobs for the lowest pay? I'm telling you we do it because we have a rotten system. It's a political and economic system of exploitation, of outright humiliation, degradation, discrimination." -- Malcolm X, June 1964. From one of eleven speeches and interviews tracing the evolution of his views on political alliances, women's rights, intermarriage, capitalism and socialism, and more.
During the three weeks prior to his assassination on February 21, 1965, Malcolm X spoke to audiences in Britain and France and across the U.S. This is the first in a series of books that will collect--in chronological order--the major speeches and writings of this great revolutionary thinker and leader of the 20th century.
Speeches and interviews from the last two years of Malcolm X's life. Six transcripts of hitherto unavailable speeches and interviews revealing the matured thought of Malcolm X during his final years. The interviews and final speeches are artifacts of unusual scholarly significance vital to a true understanding of the mature mind of this remarkable voice of American black protest.
Through this book, Malcolm X explains clearly how knowing the truth about your history is necessary for building a movement to tear down racism and build a better society. The point is that Black people have to become aware of their true accomplishments in the past in order to change the world in the present and future.
Recounts the hidden history of the labor of people of African origin and their achievements.
Contains speeches by Malcolm X during his 1964-65 tour of Africa & Britain. They reflect how his political views were evolving following his break with the Nation of Islam. Most have never before appeared in print.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.