Vital Signs for Cancer Prevention suggests that cancer is a two-phase process. In Phase One you do not yet have, and may never have, cancer, but predisposing factors--poor diet and digestion, toxins, adrenal exhaustion, and blood sugar imbalances, among others--can progressively and cumulatively increase your likelihood of developing it. Phase Two begins when the first permanent, transformed or cancerous cells form and are not destroyed by your defenses. Understanding that the predisposing factors of the first phase lead toward the second can help you prevent the onset of cancer by correcting or minimizing those that apply to you. Author Xandria Williams takes a natural therapies approach to healing cancer--one based on an understanding of nutrition, herbal medicine, homoeopathy, osteopathy, and energy medicine--rather than one based strictly on medicine, drugs, and surgery. She sees cancer as a problem that affects the whole body, not just the organ or system that is faulty, and thus her recommendations are systemic rather than aimed specifically at the tumor. Her main emphasis is on a series of scientifically validated tests (many of which can be self-administered) she proposes that provide vital information as to the state of your health. She also describes the CA profile, a test that can indicate the presence of permanent cancer cells within the first six weeks and possibly years before a tumor can be detected, allowing a crucial warning and the time to start an effective recovery program. Williams suggests a number of supplements, specific foods, and other remedies (detox procedures, stress reduction) to correct any of the predisposing factors that could, with a final trigger, move you from Phase One to Phase Two of the cancer process. You will learn how to avoid cancer if you have not yet developed it, avoid recurrences if you are in remission, and overcome cancer if you have been diagnosed with it.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.