Written by the pioneers of Flash-OFDM, arguably the first commercially developed OFDMA-based mobile broadband system in the world, this book teaches OFDMA from first principles, enabling readers to understand mobile broadband as a whole. The book examines the key requirements for data-centric mobile; how OFDMA fits well with data networks; why mobile broadband needs to be IP-based; and how to bridge communications theory to real-world air interface design and make a good system choice between performance and complexity. It also explores the future of wireless technologies beyond conventional cellular architecture. One of the key challenges faced by newcomers to this field is how to apply the wireless communications theory and principles to the real world and how to understand sophisticated commercial systems such as LTE. The authors use their firsthand experience to help graduate students, researchers and professionals working on 4G to bridge the gap between theory and practice.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.