- Table View
- List View
Formerly known as Handbook of Power System Engineering, this second edition provides rigorous revisions to the original treatment of systems analysis together with a substantial new four-chapter section on power electronics applications. Encompassing a whole range of equipment, phenomena, and analytical approaches, this handbook offers a complete overview of power systems and their power electronics applications, and presents a thorough examination of the fundamental principles, combining theories and technologies that are usually treated in separate specialised fields, in a single unified hierarchy.Key features of this new edition:Updates throughout the entire book with new material covering applications to current topics such as brushless generators, speed adjustable pumped storage hydro generation, wind generation, small-hydro generation, solar generation, DC-transmission, SVC, SVG (STATCOM), FACTS, active-filters, UPS and advanced railway traffic applicationsTheories of electrical phenomena ranging from DC and power frequency to lightning-/switching-surges, and insulation coordination now with reference to IEC Standards 2010New chapters presenting advanced theories and technologies of power electronics circuits and their control theories in combination with various characteristics of power systems as well as induction-generator/motor driving systemsPractical engineering technologies of generating plants, transmission lines, sub-stations, load systems and their combined network that includes schemes of high voltage primary circuits, power system control and protectionA comprehensive reference for those wishing to gain knowledge in every aspect of power system engineering, this book is suited to practising engineers in power electricity-related industries and graduate level power engineering students.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.