- Table View
- List View
Mackenzie Allen Phillips's youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation, and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later, in this midst of his great sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change his life forever.
Anthony Spencer is egotistical, proud of being a self-made business success at the peak of his game, even though the cost of winning was painfully high. A cerebral hemorrhage leaves Tony comatose in a hospital ICU. He 'awakens' to find himself in a surreal world, a 'living' landscape that mirrors dimensions of his earthly life, from the beautiful to the corrupt. It is here that he has vivid interactions with others he assumes are projections of his own subconscious, but whose directions he follows nonetheless with the possibility that they might lead to authenticity and perhaps, redemption. The adventure draws Tony into deep relational entanglements where he is able to 'see' through the literal eyes and experiences of others, but is "blind" to the consequences of hiding his personal agenda and loss that emerge to war against the processes of healing and trust. Will this unexpected coalescing of events cause Tony to examine his life and realize he built a house of cards on the poisoned grounds of a broken heart? Will he also have the courage to make a critical choice that can undo a major injustice he set in motion before falling into a coma?
The powerful story found in Cross Roads inspired and encouraged readers around the world. Now, CROSS ROADS REFLECTIONS provides an opportunity for you to revisit Tony and his redemption journey in a fresh and unique way.This 365-day devotional contains meaningful quotes from Cross Roads along with insightful and thought-provoking prayers written by the author, Wm. Paul Young, who also wrote the phenomenal bestseller, The Shack. It is designed to inspire, encourage, and uplift you every day of the year.
Anthony Spencer es egoista, esta orgulloso del exito empresarial que ha conseguido por si mismo y se encuentra en el punto maximo de su carrera a pesar de que el costo de ese logro ha sido dolorosamente alto. Una hemorragia cerebral deja a Yony en coma, en la sala de terapia intensiva de un hospital. Despierta para encontrarse en un mundo surrealista, un paisaje viviente que refleja las dimensiones de su vida terrena, desde lo bello hasta lo corrupto. Es, en ese sitio, donde tiene vividas interacciones con otros individuos, que supone son proyecciones de su propio subconsciente, pero cuyas instrucciones sigue, sin importar nada, con la posibilidad de que puedan conducirle a la autenticidad y, tal vez, a la rendencion. La aventura sumerge a Tony en profundas e intrincadas relaciones donde es capaz de ver, ocultar sus intereses personales y la perdida que surgen para oponerse a los procesos de sanacion y confianza. Esta conjuncion inesperada de sucesos provocara que Tony examine su vida y se percate de que he creado un castillo de naipes sobre el terreno envenenado de un corazon roto? Tendra tambien el valor de tomar una decision critica que pueda resarcir la grave injusticia que puso en marcha antes de entrar en coma?
The powerful story found in The Shack written by Wm. Paul Young stole the hearts of millions and rocketed to fame by word-of-mouth, making it a phenomenon in publishing history. Now, THE SHACK: REFLECTIONS FOR EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR provides an opportunity for you to go back to the shack with Papa, Sarayu, and Jesus. This 365 day devotional selects meaningful quotes from THE SHACK and adds prayers writer by W. Paul Young to inspire, encourage, and uplift you every day of the year.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.