- Table View
- List View
THEY SAY NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED. BRYNNA MALAK IS LIVING PROOF .A fallen angel in human form, Brynna is trying to earn another chance at heaven. So far, her road to redemption is littered with casualties, especially since Lucifer's minions are intent on dragging her back to hell. And being mortal only got more complicated since Brynna became involved with Detective Eran Redmond. Still, Brynna's relationship issues--like the fact that one glimpse of her can drive men crazy with desire--may have to wait. A mysterious "hero" is saving Chicago's citizens from certain death, with strange and sinister consequences. Brynna knows too much about demonkind to believe in coincidences. Some dark force is at work here, and Brynna may be the only one who can stop it. . . .
Elektra Natchios died, once. But the beautiful, dangerous heiress was resurrected and recruited by a mysterious group who trained Elektra in the art of combat, then cast her out when her anger and lust for vengeance became more than they could bear. Now she works as a paid assassin -- the very best that money can buy, notorious for her lethal speed and precision. Elektra is careful to treat each assignment as just another job, providing a service she can perform better than anyone else. When Elektra is hired to eliminate an attractive, friendly widower and his young daughter, she finds that things aren't so simple anymore. Soon Elektra is engaged in an all-out war with the powerful criminal organization known as The Hand for the lives of one man and his child -- but the ultimate struggle may be for Elektra's soul....
Born in the flames of hell and brought to Earth to perpetrate evil, Hellboy is rescued from sinister forces by the benevolent Dr. Broom who raises him to be a hero. In Dr Broom's clandestine Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense, Hellboy creates an unlikely family which includes the woman he loves, who has the ability to control fire. They stand against an evil madman who seeks to reclaim Hellboy for the powers of darkness from which he was born and use him to destroy mankind...
Award-winning author of over twenty novels enters the urban fantasy genre with a story of a fallen angel who returns to human form to gain redemption.
A genetically-engineered being that can take any form challenges those who created it.
Humans versus vampires. In a dark futuristic metropolis, humans are fighting a civil war against a subculture group of humans known as "hemophages." Genetically modified by a vampire-like disease, these outcasts pit their great speed and strength against the humans' relentless weapons in the gritty urban streets. Violet is an infected person, a beautiful, intelligent woman who possesses razor-sharp survival instincts. Caught up in the middle of this escalating conflict, Violet must protect an extraordinary nine-year-old boy named Six. While the vampires and humans seek to use the boy's unique genetic makeup to eliminate each other, Violet has no idea of his terrifying secret-- one that can destroy both races...
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.