- Table View
- List View
Use your C# skills to build your next website with Orchard, the popular content management system based on ASP.NET MVC. With step-by-step guidance, you'll learn your way around the Orchard environment by constructing a complete, real-world site throughout the course of this book. You'll create, manage, and display dynamic content with out-of-the-box functionality, and then build themes, modules, and widgets to customize the site. Author John Zablocki gets you started by showing you how to obtain and compile the Orchard source code, so you can more efficiently customize and manage the sites you create. Create or extend Orchard content types to manage dynamic content Use alternate templates to change the way Orchard displays content Design a theme to define your website's look and feel Build custom modules when the Orchard Gallery doesn't have extensions you need Create reusable content pieces by creating widgets Explore options for adding multi-language support to a site Learn hosting options for your Orchard sites, including the cloud Package your custom themes and modules to share in Orchard Gallery
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.