- Table View
- List View
You're good at your job and, after years of service and dedication, you finally get that coveted promotion. Congratulations! But there's a catch: instead of spending the majority of your time doing the job you love--a job you're still expected to get done, by the way--you're now also a manager. You weren't trained for this. Nobody prepared you for having to deal with emotions and conflicts and personalities, all while trying to meet ever-greater goals and more pressing deadlines. Not exactly what you had in mind, is it? Let's face it. It's stressful at the top. But don't worry; it doesn't have to be. Devora Zack knows exactly what you're up against, and she has the tools to help you not only succeed but possibly even enjoy that new management position. As a prominent consultant and coach who speaks to thousands of people annually, Zack is here to tell you that the only way to maximize your success is by being yourself. Drawing on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Zack explains that, personality-wise and management-wise, we're either thinkers or feelers. Basically, thinkers lead with their heads and feelers lead with their hearts. Almost nobody's 100 percent thinker or feeler, yet most of us lean one way or the other (and Zack's handy assessment lets you figure out what kind of leader you are). Working with--rather than fighting against--your strengths is key to understanding not only how you make decisions and manage but also how people react to your decisions and respond to you. Zack takes you through a host of potentially difficult situations, showing how this new way of seeing yourself and others makes managing less of a stumble in the dark and more of a walk in the park. Packed with verve, spunk, wit, and enlightening examples, helpful exercises, and lifesaving tips, Managing for People Who Hate Managing is the new go-to guide for all those managers looking to love their jobs again.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.