- Table View
- List View
Within the complex neuronal network of the nervous system, neuron-to-neuron communication occurs mainly through chemical synapses, where the presynaptic nerve terminal releases neurotransmitters which control the function of postsynaptic neurons by acting on postsynaptic receptors. Recent decades have brought ground-breaking new developments and a wealth of knowledge to this field. In 'Molecular Mechanisms of Neurotransmitter Release', leading experts provide concise, up-to-date information on all major molecular mechanisms involved, with complete background information and figures and diagrams to further elucidate key concepts or experiments. Comprehensive and cutting-edge, 'Molecular Mechanisms of Neurotransmitter Release' is sure to provide a learning tool for neuroscience students, a solid reference for neuroscientists, and a source of knowledge for all those who have a general interest in the ever-evolving field of neuroscience
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.