- Table View
- List View
Most imaging books are ordered according to underlying etiology. However, in real life clinical practice, radiologists usually make their differential diagnoses according to the image patterns, as the etiology is often unknown. Brain Imaging with MRI and CT presents over 180 disease processes and normal variants, grouping entities by these basic patterns to accentuate differential diagnostic features. High quality CT and MRI scans show multiple typical and distinguishing images for each entity. Common and unusual clinical scenarios are described, including dilated perivascular spaces, capillary teleangiectasia, Susac's syndrome and desmoplastic infantile ganglioglioma. Both basic and advanced imaging techniques are used, reflecting the reality of clinical practice. This image-focused book emphasises the most pertinent clinical information relevant to the diagnostic process. Trainee and practising radiologists will find Brain Imaging with MRI and CT an invaluable and clinically relevant tool for learning and teaching.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.