- Table View
- List View
In this handy reference manual, renowned firearms expert Dr. Wayne van Zwoll covers all aspects of deer rifles and their loads and bullets. From the proper action and caliber, to hunting bucks in big woods or open terrain, Dr. van Zwoll covers it all. Reference charts include detailed information on the various lightweight, long-range, and lever rifles, and the recommended loads for each. Van Zwoll also offers excellent advice and information on choosing and sighting in deer scopes and sights, and shares expert tips on marksmanship.
From award-winning author Wayne van Zwoll, Gun Digest Shooter's Guide to Rifles provides everything you need to know about rifles in tight, lively text and sharp photos. Get the facts on ballistics, cartridge selection, rifle mechanisms, optics, zeroing--and the shooting techniques of the masters. This book is for all rifle enthusiasts. For the beginner, it's a crash course in all things rifle. And for the advanced shooter, well, let's just say you're going to find out how much you don't know about rifles. Either way, van Zwoll will leave you wanting for nothing except more time on the range and in the field with your favorite long guns. Inside this information-packed volume, you will find: The stories behind the American and European gunmakers making the grade today. Trending now--rimfires to ARs, distance shooters, and those with big stopping power. Overview of incredible feats of the best marksman ever. The best loads for hunting and target shooting--and an inside look at what makes them tick. Sights from iron to red dot, doping the wind and getting to zero. Superb imagery. Gun Digest Shooter's Guide to Rifles has it all--facts, photos, trivia, history, and a perspective on the genre that guarantees you, too, will fall in love with the long gun. It's a must-have for any rifle lover.
Published annually for more than eighty years, and with over seven million copies sold worldwide, Shooter's Bible is the most complete and sought-after reference guide for new products, specifications, and current prices on thousands of firearms and related equipment. The 103rd edition contains up-to-date handgun and rifle ballistic tables along with extensive charts of currently available bullets and projectiles for handloading, as well as a new products section. Complete with color and black and white photographs showcasing various makes and models of firearms and equipment, Shooter's Bible is the perfect addition to the bookshelf of any beginner or experienced hunter, firearm collector, or gun enthusiast.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.