Starting with the core architecture and structure of Couchbase Server, this title will tell you everything you need to know to install and setup your first Couchbase cluster. You'll be given guidance on sizing your cluster so that you maximise your performance. After installation, you'll be shown how to use the admin web console to administer your server, and then learn the techniques behind the specific tasks behind cluster management. This includes adding and removing nodes, rebalancing, and backing up and restoring your cluster.
CouchDB is a new breed of database for the Internet, geared to meet the needs of today's dynamic web applications. With this concise introduction, you'll learn how CouchDB's simple model for storing, processing, and accessing data makes it ideal for the type of data and rapid response users now demand from your applications--and how easy CouchDB is to set up, deploy, maintain, and scale. The code-packed examples in this book will help you learn how to work with documents, populate a simple database, replicate data from one database to another, and a host of other tasks. Install CouchDB on Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, or (if you must) from the source code Interact with data through CouchDB's RESTful API, and use standard HTTP operations, such as PUT, GET, POST, and DELETE Use Futon--CouchDB's web-based interface-- to manage databases and documents, and to configure replications Learn how to create, update, and delete documents in JSON format, and how to create and delete databases Work with design documents to get the formatting and indexing your application requires
<p>Today’s highly interactive websites pose a challenge for traditional SQL databases—the ability to scale rapidly and serve loads of concurrent users. With this concise guide, you’ll learn how to build web applications on top of Couchbase Server 2.0, a NoSQL database that can handle websites and social media where hundreds of thousands of users read and write large volumes of information.</p>
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.