- Table View
- List View
Former guitarist for Jane's Addiction and The Red Hot Chili Peppers, superstar, sex symbol, and reality television favourite Dave Navarro shares a year in his life in the Hollywood hills, featuring stories and strips from his infamous photo booth. When Dave Navarro decided to open the doors of his house in the Hollywood hills to the chaos of the valley below, the only rule was, 'You come in the house, you get in the photo booth. ' The result is a diary, a sociology experiment, a documentary of Hollywood, and an exercise in exhibitionism. Caught on film are strippers, Kurt Loder, Marilyn Manson, pizza delivery boys, Rose McGowan, Keanu Reeves, record executives, Scott Ian, Billy Corgan, hookers, Flea, Billy Zane, drug dealers, Angelyne, Leonardo DiCaprio, the cleaning lady, Leif Garrett, Natalie Imbruglia, and everyone else who came into the house. Some are zany, some inebriated, naked, hamming it up, looking beautiful, or looking ugly-the photo booth tells no lies. Accompanying the strips are hilarious stories, musings, tell-all anecdotes, and other glimpses into the lifestyle of one of the most decadent rockstars of our time. This chronicle of a year in Navarro's life is also a gritty portrait of his descent into drug use and self-destructiveness, and his struggle to find meaning. Designed by the mad genius who also produced Manson's, M tley Cr e's, and Mankind's books, Don't Try This at Home is a visual masterpiece, a celebrity expos , and a shocking, hilarious, and irresistible read.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.