- Table View
- List View
Her ex-husband wants her dead? Daria Carlisle can hardly believe it. Detective Kevin Gordon insists it's true. . . and that it's his fault that her ex is still at large. Which means it's his responsibility to make sure Daria stays safe. So when Daria stubbornly refuses to run scared, Kevin takes on the role of yuletide protector. He knows firsthand that Daria's ex means business. And with Christmas coming, the determined cop intends to give Daria the holiday celebration she deserves--safe and sound by his side forever.
After a tragic car accident, Dr. Dennis Harrington's teenage nephew is traumatized. And Dennis just can't find a way to reach the boy. So when he discovers a respected child psychologist is staying in their small Vermont town, he turns to Teresa Morales for help. The sadness he sees in her brown eyes tells him she's here to heal her own heart and mind. Yet she finally agrees to work with his nephew. As the boy slowly opens up, so does Teresa. But can Dennis ever convince her she's found a permanent home right here in a doctor's arms?
A perilous journey to South America is the only way to retrieve the child. With her missing brother's daughter back in her arms, Sonny Montgomery finally feels safe. Until a handsome, cold-eyed bounty hunter stops her moments before boarding a plane to the U. S. Gil Waite is after her brother. All he cares about is "finding the fugitive" and collecting his money. Sonny won't betray her family. Yet she has no choice but to go with Gil. A man whose rugged exterior hides the heart of a hero.
Civilian life is a strain for war hero Tom Garrison, but he's an expert at emergencies. And he puts his training to good use helping his lovely neighbor, single mom Jenna Atkins, and her sick son, Brian. Tom thinks he can rescue the family and walk away, but he's in for a big surprise. Despite his efforts, Jenna and Brian capture his heart--just as he captures theirs. Both Jenna and Tom have reason to be wary of letting anyone close. Can they overcome the past to give this family a fresh start at love?
Who was Tammie Gardner, Really?She was never supposed to know she was adopted. Never supposed to uncover the secrets of her birth. But she had. And with God as her guide, Tammie Gardner headed cross-country to a sleepy New England town, determined to discover who she really was. Yet her arrival was met with odd double-takes and the dangerous attention of handsome stranger Dylan Montgomery. He insisted she was another woman entirely--and the key to his brother's mysterious disappearance. And now someone wanted to make Tammie disappear before either of them could ever learn the truth.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.