- Table View
- List View
The most widely recommended handbook for parents ever published, all of Dr. Spock's time-tested advice is here. Now, accepting and welcoming the altered status of women and the expanded role of fathers in child care, he has revised his classic work to help them face parenthood with new confidence and joy.
From the pediatrician whose advice has shaped parenting practices for more than half a century, comes the essential parenting book, fully revised and updated for a new generation. From the pediatrician whose advice has shaped parenting practices for more than half a century, comes the essential parenting book-fully revised and updated for a new generation. This timeless, classic bestseller has been revised by Dr. Robert Needleman, a top-notch physician who shares Dr. Spock's philosophy. All Dr. Spock's invaluable, time-tested advice is here, along with the most current medical practices and advances in health care, and a resource guide. More than ever before, this essential work will help all parents face their many challenges and responsibilities with new confidence and joy.
America's favorite pediatrician, Dr. Benjamin Spock has helped two generations of parents raise their kids with his timeless bestseller, Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care. Now, today's parents can rejoice: a new compilation of Dr. Spock's timeless advice is here! This first-time collection of essays brings together Dr. Spock's insightful writings on connecting with your child's inner life during the all-important early years. Dr. Spock's The First Two Years covers such topics as: understanding your baby's different cries helping your little one cope with separation anxiety communicating with your baby teaching your child about giving and sharing the easiest way ever to toilet-train dealing with the impact a newborn can have on siblings treating the most common ailments With Dr. Spock's The First Two Years, new parents everywhere will return again and again to Dr. Spock for all of their child-rearing questions.
America's favorite pediatrician, Dr. Benjamin Spock has helped two generations of parents raise their kids with his timeless bestseller,Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care. Now, today's parents can rejoice: a new compilation of Dr. Spock's timeless advice is here!Filled with Dr. Spock's insightful writings on the fruition of a child to college-aged adult, this first-time collection of essays provides parents with timely information on topics such as:a child's fears and anger coping with everyday stress teaching a child values and responsibilities understanding and dealing with violence in contemporary culture effective discipline prioritizing school work dealing with peer pressure discussing love, sex, and AIDS step-parentingWithDr. Spock's The School Years,parents everywhere will return again and again to Dr. Spock for all of their child-rearing questions.
This delightful book presents a selection of D. W. Winnicott's best writing about children. The remarkable, enduring essays from Babies and Their Mothers and Talking to Parents are here combined with several hard-to-find gems of insight into the world of the child. Each piece was written for a wide audience of parents, childcare professionals, and teachers. In his empathic and witty way, Winnicott ranges over such timeless topics as the mother/infant relationship, trust, instilling a sense of security, negativism, jealousy and moral development. Now, in one volume, anyone who cares about children can enjoy the wisdom of a man many consider to be the most important psychoanalyst since Freud. A Merloyd Lawrence Book
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.