- Table View
- List View
After breaking her third egg in her fifth grade class's Family Life Unit, Mrs. Ryder won't trust Alexandra with an egg, so Alex must write a report about child development. That's when Alex announces that she is going to be her mom's labor coach. But she hasn't told her mom yet.
Buddy is starting his work as therapy dog at Four Lakes Elementary School, where Connor attends and Mom is the principal. On his very first day, he accidentally knocks down a little kid on the playground, convincing the first grade teacher that school is no place for a dog. Then the fire alarm goes off. The school is evacuated, but there's no fire. . . it's a false alarm. Who could have set it? Buddy fans will cheer as their favorite dog detective solves another case with his own great doggy style.
Buddy is in the school library while kids take turns reading with him. Suddenly he hears rustling in the shelves behind him. And something smells strange. Not human. . . not canine. . . not like anything Buddy has ever smelled before. Could it be the school ghost Buddy has heard so much about? Buddy goes over to the shelves to investigate. . . and comes face to face with a mysterious creature that has a long blue tongue! Buddy fans will cheer as their favorite dog detective solves another case with his own great doggy style.
"My name is King. I am a dog. I am also a detective. " King has a very big mystery to solve. His family is missing, and he's been put in the P-O-U-N-D. Why doesn't his beloved human (Kayla) come to get him? When King is adopted by Connor and his mom, things get more confusing. The new family calls him Buddy! And just as Connor and Buddy start to get acquainted, Connor disappears! Buddy (aka King) has big problems to solve, but with some help from his friend Mouse (a very large dog) and the mysterious cat with no name, he shows what a smart, brave dog can do. Mystery fans and dog lovers will be swept up in Dori Hillestad Butler's funny, satisfying story. . . and left eager for Buddy's next adventure.
Buddy has settled with his adopted family, but he's never given up on finding his beloved human, Kayla, and his first family. One night he sees men taking things out of Kayla's old house and loading them into a van. What's up? Though his friend Mouse advises against it, in the middle of the night Buddy decides to make a daring move, leaving everything he knows behind. Dori Butler's third case in The Buddy Files will entertain and satisfy the many fans of this brave, funny, and loyal dog.
Buddy was adopted from the P-O-U-N-D and he likes his new family, but he's still searching for Kayla--his first family. What has happened to them? He hopes to solve that mystery soon, but right now he's got another urgent case-two dogs, Muffin and Jazzy, have been switched! How can Buddy get poor Muffin and Jazzy back to their real owners?
For thirteen-year-old Samantha, life consists of too many unanswered questions. Why has her father not tried to contact her all these years? How could he have allowed her twin sister to drown in Clear water Quarry when they were only toddlers? And how can Samantha's mother expect her to accept some man she hardly knows as her new father? Samantha already has a father out there. Somewhere. A fateful decision sets into motion a chain of events and confrontations that will change Samantha's and her family's lives forever. As she sets out to find her father and discover what really happened the day her sister was presumed drowned, she uncovers painful secrets that threaten to destroy her family all over again. Readers will be drawn into Dori Butler's dramatic, suspenseful, and sensitive story of one family's crisis unwittingly brought on by an adolescent girl's search for the truth.
When thirteen-year-old Joelle, a star baseball player, moves to a new town where the only option for girls is softball, she starts an all-girl baseball league against the wishes of her school coaches and others in the town.
Having agreed to get math tutoring and to practice writing over the summer to avoid flunking fifth grade, Tank learns some important lessons about both family and fighting while writing a boy's guide to understanding girls.
Jason, who would rather work on his horror movie screenplay than learn to swim, finds an unlikely ally in Tank, the class bully, who is being forced to take ballroom dance lessons.
Two friends launch an online newspaper to expose the truth about what really goes on in Truman School. But when posted rumors about one popular student escalate to cruel new levels, it's clear the truth about Truman School is more harrowing than anyone ever imagined.
Thirteen-year-old TJ tries to cope with the emotional upheaval in her life when the father who kidnapped her ten years earlier and raised her under a different identity is injured and she goes to visit her recently discovered twin sister, mother, and future stepfather.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.