Want to perform programming tasks better, faster, simpler, and make them repeatable? Take a deep dive into Windows PowerShell and discover what this distributed automation platform can do. Whether you're a .NET developer or IT pro, this concise guide will show you how PowerShell's scripting language can help you be more productive on everyday tasks. Quickly learn how to create PowerShell scripts and embed them into your existing applications, write "little languages" to solve specific problems, and take charge of your code. This book includes example scripts that you can easily pull apart, tweak, and then use in your own PowerShell and .NET solutions. Slice and dice text, XML, CSV, and JSON with ease Embed PowerShell to provide scripting capabilities for your C# apps Create GUI applications five to ten times faster with less code Leverage PowerShell's capabilities to work with the Internet Interact with DLLs and create objects, automatically display properties, and call methods in live interactive sessions Build domain-specific languages (DSLs) and vocabularies to express solutions more clearly Work with Microsoft Office via the Component Object Model (COM) Discover PowerShell v3 features included with Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.