- Table View
- List View
A forensic anthropologist is on a trail that stretches from prehistoric times to a present danger.
Gideon Oliver, professor of forensic anthropology is known as the Skeleton Detective. When a child is kidnapped. and construction workers find human bones, Gideon agrees to identify them.
A Boston ex-curator finds one of the art treasures lost in 1945 by the Nazis. Now he must find the other treasures before 50 years of hatred, greed and retribution catch up with him.
An Edgar Award Winner (Best Mystery of the Year), a pile of human bones has been unearthed in the dank cellar of the ancient du Rocher estate on the isle of Mont St. Michel.
There is a small village in France that is well known for its page de foie gras and bones, boasting the largest concentration of prehistoric bones in Europe, where people occasionally commit murder.
From Edgar Award winner Aaron Elkins comes a gripping masterwork of suspense, an astonishing, globe-spanning adventure that plunges an ordinary man in a deadly morass of lies, guilt, murder, and terrible secrets spawned when a world exploded in war. Pete Simon's all-American life was everything he ever wished for: a good home, a satisfying career, and a marriage still strong and loving after nearly twenty years. But in the days following the assassination of John F. Kennedy, everything is about to change. And it begins with the appearance of a stranger at his door. The man ranting madly about money, death, and forgiveness is unknown to Pete-but not to his distraught wife, Lily. Only when the man has gone does the truth come out. The unwelcome visitor was Lily's father, whom she had claimed died long ago in their native France. The next day he is dead, his savagely beaten body washed up in a nearby marsh-and Lily disappears, leaving a note behind begging Pete not to follow her. As a nation mourns its fallen leader, Pete Simon is devastated by a tragedy of his own. Now, with a business card from an antiques dealer in Barcelona as his only lead, he sets out to find his missing wife, embarking on a twisted and perilous journey that will carry him to Europe, where the hideous crimes of the Nazi aggressors remain fresh in the minds of those who cannot forget... or forgive. But each door Pete opens leads him deeper into a painful and shocking past, slowly revealing secrets of greed, terror, guilt, and treacherous collaboration with a monstrous enemy that could shatter everything he believes in and destroy everything he loves. And suddenly he has become more than a concerned husband and seeker of a bitter truth; he has become the target of desperate, dangerous men and their terrifying vengeance. A haunting parable of good and evil and the many shifting shades of humanity in between, Aaron Elkins's Turncoat is an extraordinary reading experience, a compelling, provocative, and rocket-paced roller- coaster ride with surprises at every turn that will leave the reader breathless.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.