- Table View
- List View
She was everything, and most of all she was the earth's most tempting woman in a way that was peculiarly her own . . . but I could hear her rich, provocative voice saying softly that everything would be so very simple if only the man named Kirby would die . . . and as that summer grew, in desire and in terror, my world no longer had the familiar features of a fine and comforting thing, but the strange remnants of an ugly, threatened place . . . . . . and the root of it all lay hidden in the secret of The Brass Bed.
Skimmer was the hotshot - handsome, smart, arrogant . . .He had everything: personality, looks, women. He was ready for success - regardless of the cost . . .And then he met a girl and a gangster - and something went wrong . . .Hotshot is Skimmer's story - a unique candid portrait, not of the knife-wielding delinquents who capture headlines, but of today's troubled youth as they really are.The unforgettable story of a generation battling to find its way in a world it never made.
Willie is an alluring woman. She's the kind of wife that other men lust for. But when she decides her husband, Larry, had ought to be murdered, the stunning beauty turns deadly. The killer? The man who agrees to help her carry out the devious plot? Larry's cousin Quincy.Quincy plans how to get rid of the body - how to make it look like Larry had run off and left his wife behind. It's a grand plan.But will it hold together?
''Buy me a drink,'' she said.''I'm too poor,'' I said.''I'll buy you one.''''I'm too proud,'' I said.''In my apartment,'' she said, ''there's Scotch, rye, bourbon - anything you want!''''Anything?''''Anything!''
Lysistrata paced relentlessly in the garden, nervously plucking at leaves. It had been seven months since she had seen her husband, Lycon - since he had left her to go off to war.Seven months of lonely days and empty nights - of aching heart and throbbing loins. Seven months of longing.But now a strange smile played around her lips.Tonight he was coming home . . .
Three long-out-of-print novels originally published by Gold Medal Books in the 1950s and 1960s are reprinted here.
Two Women Too ManyTo otherwise conservative Professor Bradley Cannon, women were a definite problem.Take Cornelia - and he did - one twitch of her lush, ripe body and he was lost.Take his favorite student, Maggie - and he did - one provocative leer and the chase was on.Take his wife, Madelaine - and he wished someone would - she left him cold, but the million dollars she owned generated a certain heat of their own.It was obvious that Peermont College would not tolerate Prof. Bradley's attempt to corner the woman market, so two of them had to go.That posed the question: How could he keep Maggie - she was the only one who could really satisfy his passions - and get rid of Cornelia and Madelaine, without losing the million dollars and without creating a scandal that would rock the college to its foundations?
Ten million dollars to be divided equitably among the departed Grandfather Hunter's remaining family, with a proviso being, in proper legal terms, that the entire ten million dollars was to be held in trust for the exclusive use of Senorita Fogarty her lifetime, and for the lifetime of her pups (Senorita Fogarty being a Chihuahua of questionable breeding) and for the lifetime of her pup's pups, etc., etc. Only upon the death of Senorita Fogarty and her pups (if any) would the inheritance go to the family.'Tis plain to see that the life of Senorita Fogarty wasn't worth two cents, much less ten million dollars. But to the rescue! Our senorita is to be protected by the Crumps, Grandfather Hunter's trusted servants. And did we forget to mention that the erstwhile heirs are a rather bungling, ineffectual lot?Will Senorita Fogarty outwit the scheming Hunter family? Will the Hunters regain the birthright that is undeniably theirs (all ten million dollars' worth)? Will the Crumps . . . oh, forget it - just read the book!
There are three men in Donna Buchanan's life...ENOS SIMON - a moody and emotional young teacherAARON BURNS - the considerate and shy husband of a cold and calculating wifeWILLIAM WALTER TYLER - a middle-aged millionaire who gets what he wants...Three lovers woo the ambitious young dress designer who's determined to sell her talent and her love to the highest bidder in order to crash the world of fashion.Here is another sophisticated novel of today by Fletcher Flora, author of Whispers of the Flesh.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.