This innovative text simplifies the process of choosing a major from a sometimes overwhelming array of majors and related career fields. It will assist not only the "undecided" student with selecting a major, but also the "major-changer" who is exploring alternative options. A step-by-step process leads students through personal and academic assessment as well as occupational information searches. Through thought-provoking activities, they can explore their academic, career, and personal interests and goals. Students can investigate academic majors from many perspectives, including a search of majors in general, majors on their campus, and majors based on their academic and occupational interests. Highlights of this text include: *A Natural Decision-Making Progression. Students are directly and personally involved in activities that involve exploration, reflection, and choice. *Extensive Major Exploration. Three distinct approaches help students narrow their list to realistic alternatives. *Incorporation of Academic and Career Interests, Abilities, and Values. Self-assessment gives students information on which to base their choice of a major. *Formulation of a Graduation Plan. Students use their academic transcripts to summarize all they have learned and develop a plan for the future. Features include: *Majors Exploration *Career Advice *Web Links *Tips from Successful Students *Student Bulletin Boards *Faculty Resources
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.