In a snow-covered winter world, a chance meeting on a train alters forever the course of Astra's drab life. But a spoiled cousin's vengeance threatens her happiness. Christian Romance.
A homeless young soldier becomes involved in the lives of 2 unpredictable women. Christian romance
Among the young men and women gathered for Sydney Hollis' wedding, McRae Silverthorn and her brother Lincoln were quietly outstanding. Even so, none of the guests could have imagined the part they were to play in the events that stemmed from the wedding celebration.It was Lincoln's grave words that first stirred in Minnie Lazarelle a longing for a better life. It was McRae whose sweetness and grace touched the hearts of her worldly weekend guests and who changed the course of several lives. In the climax of the story, when Minnie Lazarelle comes to grips with life and finds a solution for herself and her younger brothers and sisters, it is again the far-reaching influence of the Silverthorns that brings her her reward and happiness. This heart-stirring novel draws inspiring pictures of men and women facing life's problems with faith and courage.
Jewel Cloud has spent her life caring first for her brothers and sister and then for her ailing mother. When her mother dies, her wealthy college-age nephew and niece ask her to be a surrogate mother to them when they go off to college. They buy a house and live near campus. Julia, whom the children call Cloudy Jewel, enjoys being a mother to these young people and their friends. She re-introduces them to the pleasures of closeness with God and Christ, and the children become a vital force in the church, youth group, and college community. The young people fall in love, and have some good and bad experiences. This book was originally written in 1920. The publisher haas retained the hyphenation and speling of the 1920 edition. Thus words that we don't hyphenate today, like today and upstairs, are hyphenated: to-day, up-stairs. Also, some words are spelled differently, e.g., clue is spelled c l e w instead of c l u e. There is also some dialect.
A collection of thought provoking stories designed to challenge and inspire. Christian romance
When Charlie Montgomery, a handsome soldier, declares his love for Blythe Bonniwell, she realizes she should be offended. But she isn't - in fact, she's honored! Blythe returns Charlie's love, and promises to remain faithful to him while he is away at war. Though thrilled at Blythe's response, Charlie knows all too well that the special mission he has been assigned to means that he is facing almost-certain death. He can offer Blythe little hope for his return, or for their future happiness. Yet, in the midst of fear and peril, Charlie and Blythe find a source of strength and peace that will keep them united forever.
Victoria Gracen teaches her nephew and a group of his friends how to love and forgive. Christian romance
Adrift on an angry ocean, lovely young Gail must struggle to save her life...and the life of a man she doesn't know.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.