- Table View
- List View
A culinary treasure, The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook--The Original Classics became an indispensable reference when it was first published. Now, years later, comes its companion volume, The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook--The New Classics, which includes an index for both volumes and collects more than 1,200 of the best-of-the-best recipes that have appeared in Martha Stewart Living magazine since 2000. From the practical to the inspirational, from quiet suppers for two to dinner parties for ten,The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook--The New Classics has options for every meal and every cook, with family-pleasing classics, new fare, and twists on both. Whether you're looking for an easy weeknight dinner such as Tuna Steaks with Mint Sauce or a sophisticated hors d'oeuvre like Prosciutto Crostini and Fresh Figs with Gorgonzola or a rich dessert like the Ultimate Malted Brownie Sundae,The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook--The New Classics provides excellent choices across 22 categories. In addition to recipes for all-time favorites such as Lasagne Bolognese, Chicken Soup with Dumplings, the Best Onion Rings, and Apple Pie with Cheddar Crust, you will find helpful how-to photographs that demystify preparations for pie crust, gnocchi, soufflés, and more. Here, too, are cooking tips and techniques, nutritional information for healthy choices, comprehensive pantry and equipment glossaries, menu ideas, and a resource guide for finding ingredients. With the same stunning color photography and easy-to-follow, comprehensive format that grace the pages of Martha Stewart Living and The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook--The Original Classics, this new volume is a must-have reference that will become a loved and oft-used favorite of every home cook.
For anyone new to a vegetarian diet--flexitarians who adopt plans like Meatless Mondays--as well as committed vegetarians and fans of Power Foods, here is a comprehensive collection of easy, meat-free mains for everyday.As inspiring as it is practical, Meatless features 200 recipes--each accompanied by a gorgeous photograph--for full-fledged vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. You'll find recipes for classics and new favorites, plus plenty of low-fat, vegan, and gluten-free options, too. More than just a cookbook, Meatless is also a roadmap to embracing a vegetable-based lifestyle. Here are dozens of versatile recipes that can be easily adapted, such as pizza with a variety of toppings, salads made from different whole grains, and pestos with unexpected flavors and ingredients. You'll also find advice on stocking your pantry with vegetarian essentials (dried beans, pasta, herbs and spices), a collection of basic recipes and techniques (vegetable stock, tomato sauce, polenta), and make-ahead flavor-boosters (caramelized onions, roasted peppers, and quick pickles). Comprehensive and indispensable, Meatless makes it easy to prepare flavor-packed dinners for any day, any occasion. And no one will miss the meat. Selections include: -Small Plates to Mix and Match: Smashed Chickpea, Basil, and Radish Dip with Pita Chips; Roasted Baby Potatoes with Romesco Sauce; Stuffed Marinated Hot Red Chili Peppers; Grilled Polenta with Balsamic Mushrooms-Stovetop Suppers: Frittata with Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Herbs; Spring Vegetable Ragout; Farro Risotto with Wild Mushrooms; Southwestern Hash-Soups, Stews, and Chili: Tomato Soup with Poached Eggs; Bean Chili; White Cheddar Corn Chowder; Chickpea Curry with Roasted Cauliflower and Tomatoes-Casseroles and other Baked Dishes: Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Shells; Italian Baked Eggplant with Seitan; Black-Bean Tortilla Casserole; Apple, Leek, and Squash Gratin-Substantial Salads: Raw Kale Salad with Pomegranate and Toasted Walnuts; Avocado, Beet, and Orange Salad; Arugula, Potato, and Green Bean Salad with Creamy Walnut Dressing; Roasted-Tomato Tabbouleh-Sandwiches, Burgers, and Pizzas: Quinoa Veggie Burgers; Grilled Asparagus and Ricotta Pizza; Chipotle Avocado Sandwich; Portobello and Zucchini Tacos-Pasta and Other Noodles: Fettuccine with Parsley-Walnut Pesto; Roasted Cauliflower with Pasta and Lemon Zest; Soba and Tofu in Ginger Broth; No-Bake Lasagna with Ricotta and Tomatoes-Simple Side Dishes: Mexican Creamed Corn; Cabbage and Green Apple Slaw; Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Mustard Seeds; Baked Polenta "Fries"
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.