- Table View
- List View
Textbook for technical or business college courses on basic skills.
The Office: Procedures and Technology is a comprehensive, higher-level Office Procedures text for high school students that focuses on the necessary skills for office workers. Skills range from using e-mail and the Internet to the use of integrated applications and office suites. The text has three types of feature boxes in each chapter: Professional Growth and Resources, providing information on professional organizations such as ARMA; Workplace Connections, comments from fictional business employees related to material presented in the chapter; and Focus On offering information on current topics that need special attention.
THE OFFICE is a comprehensive text for courses in the high school office technology curriculum. The course name can be Office Procedures, Administrative Procedures, Business and Computer Technology, etc. The target market is high school student preparing for entry-level position in an office setting. The text focuses on the necessary skills that range from using email and the Internet to the use of integrated application and office suites. It covers the soft skills including customer satisfaction ethics, and telephone manners along with information systems and the global marketplace.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.