Textbook for technical or business college courses on basic skills.
The Office: Procedures and Technology is a comprehensive, higher-level Office Procedures text for high school students that focuses on the necessary skills for office workers. Skills range from using e-mail and the Internet to the use of integrated applications and office suites. The text has three types of feature boxes in each chapter: Professional Growth and Resources, providing information on professional organizations such as ARMA; Workplace Connections, comments from fictional business employees related to material presented in the chapter; and Focus On offering information on current topics that need special attention.
THE OFFICE is a comprehensive text for courses in the high school office technology curriculum. The course name can be Office Procedures, Administrative Procedures, Business and Computer Technology, etc. The target market is high school student preparing for entry-level position in an office setting. The text focuses on the necessary skills that range from using email and the Internet to the use of integrated application and office suites. It covers the soft skills including customer satisfaction ethics, and telephone manners along with information systems and the global marketplace.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.