- Table View
- List View
"A man for all the people, A man who stood up tall, Abe Lincoln spoke of justice And liberty for all." This book includes brief quotes from several speeches, and a nice reference section. Need a book for a book report? This could be it! Other books by this author are available in this library.
The wisdom of peace and the absurdity of fighting are demonstrated in seventeen stories and poems by outstanding authors of today such as Jean Fritz, Milton Meltzer, and Nancy Willard.
Some of the poems included in this book are: Walking Big Bow, Buying A Puppy, Lost, Newborn Puppy, My Dog, and The Dollar Dog. There is humor, sadness, joy, adventure--a delightful collection. Other books by Myra Cohn Livingston are available in this library.
Especially commissioned original poems by Felice Holman, William Jay Smith, X. J. Kennedy, Joan Aiken, John Ciardi, and other contemporary poets, as well as traditional favorites, comprise this stunning anthology. From "lopeared and silky" rabbits to the "three crosses on cold Golgotha Hill," Mrs. Livingston's choices reflect the many moods of Easter. John Wallner's fitting illustrations capture both the joy and solemnity of the holiday. Descriptions of illustrations have been included.
Poems celebrating fourteen festivals observed around the world including Chinese New Year, Kwanzaa, Purim, and Tet-Nguyen-dan.
"When she sang Deep River, One teacher wondered why A tall, calm girl at twilight Should make him want to cry." (The teacher was Arturo Toscanini.) Other books by this American poet are available in this library.
William Shakespeare, Carl sandburg, Langston Hughes, Walter de la Mare, Vachel Lindsay, and William Butler Yeats are just a few of the authors featured in this book. The Lamb, Carol of the Brown Man, Calico Pie, and The Yak are just a few of the poems to be enjoyed.
In English and Spanish, this book presents a picture of life in the town of Moguer, in Andalusia, Spain, as seen through the eyes of a wandering poet and his faithful donkey.
Big sisters, little sisters, big brothers,little brothers, brothers who bring home oranges, sisters who have blisters . . . Here are nineteen humorous and serious poems-some of them commissioned from Julia Cunningham, Emanuel di Pasquale and other contemporary poets- about siblings of all kinds.
This 1988 language arts text focuses on both grammar and composition lessons, reinforced with exercises.
Some of the poems were written for this collection, others are from well-known sources of poetry--Navajo and Osage writings, The King James version of the Holy Bible. There are poems poking fun at people who stuff themselves, and poems singing praises to God. Other selections by this American poet are available in this library.
"Roses are Red," "To-morrow Is Saint Valentine's Day," "Going Steady," "An Angry Valentine," "I Sow Hempseed," "My Love Is Like A Cabbage," "Plenty of Love," and others. From the serious to the silly, this is a fun selection of poetry. Other books by Myra Cohn Livingston are available in this library.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.