Charlie Trotter's Chicago restaurant is not only one of the premiere eating experiences in America, it serves also as the model of a thriving business whose cutting-edge approach to management is setting new standards for quality, efficiency, and profitability. In fact, people in just about any field can learn from Charlie's methods. For this breakthrough business guide, journalist Paul Clarke conducted in-depth interviews with Charlie and his associates, distilling invaluable lessons for entrepreneurs and hospitality professionals who are committed to creating highly respected and innovative businesses. Anyone who wants to improve their business will be sure to learn something new from this Midwestern dynamo.From the Hardcover edition.
A beautiful revised edition, with foreword by Paul Clarke, and 10 new recipes. "A shrub is exactly what the people who invented the phrase 'slake your thirst' had in mind. A shrub is full of character and variety. The ingredients--fruit, sugar, and vinegar--are as simple as can be. But the variations are seemingly unlimited. It has another superpower: A strong shrub game can help you make the most of bruised or aging summer fruit." -The New York Times, in an article featuring Shrubs Michael Dietsch took the mixology community by storm when he brought back a popular drink from colonial times, the shrub. Not the green, leafy kind that grow in the ground, but a vintage drink mixer that can be spiked with alcohol or prepared as a soda. Drinkers, bartenders, and the media embraced the book. This new edition features a foreword by Paul Clarke, the Executive Editor of Imbibe magazine and author of The Cocktail Chronicles. Here is the definitive guide to making and using shrubs.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.