- Table View
- List View
Strategies to help teens make wise lifestyle decisions. Help your students take a serious look at good health with this high school health textbook. Organized into 70 flexible lessons correlated to the National Health Standards, this program covers such topics as Alcohol, Tobacco, and other Drugs; Mental and Emotional Health; Injury Prevention and Personal Safety; Nutrition and Personal Health; and Physical Activity.
This book is a comprehensive health guide containing a lot of learning materials on topics covering Mental and Emotional Health, Family and Social Health, Growth and Development, Nutrition, Personal Health and Physical Activity, Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs, Communicable and Chronic Diseases, Consumer and Community Health and Environmental Health, Injury Prevention and Safety.
In this book you get to learn about the health skills, types of health, growth & development, nutrition, personal safety and much more.
A textbook designed to educate children on healthy choices of life in every aspect.
Learn about all types of health in this book.
A program designed to teach children how to make healthy life choices.
Health is more than being free from illness. Health has three parts. Health is the condition of your body, mind, and relationships. All three parts of health affect your well-being.
Relationships are the connections that people have with each other. The quality of your relationships affects your well-being. Inspiriting relationships are relationships that lift the spirit and contribute to a sense of well-being.
Good health is being the best you. It is taking care of your body. It is taking care of your mind. It is getting along with others. It is showing feelings.
Textbook for teens on health, nutrition, relationships, pregnancy, old age, body image, physical activity, drugs, cancer, health care, pollution, first aid, and more.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.