- Table View
- List View
This section of the textbook helps you develop and practice the skills you need to study geography and to take standardized tests. Part 1, Strategies for Studying Geography, takes you through the features of the textbook and offers suggestions on how to use these features to improve your reading and study skills.
The earth is a unique planet capable of supporting a wide variety of life forms. Human beings adapt and alter the environments on earth.
An important part of economic geography is understanding which resources a nation possesses. Natural resources are materials on or in the earth--such as trees, fish, or coal--that have economic value. Materials from the earth become resources only when the society has the technology and ability to transform those resources into goods.
Go on a geographical tour around the world! Explore the world while solving the riddle using informational clues about each country. Students study 30 countries, grouped by continent, using maps, charts, graphs, puzzles, and hands-on activities. A skills test, glossary of geographical terms, and an answer key are included.
This McDougal Littell California Edition of World Geography consists of reading materials on The Basics of Geography, The United States and Canada, Latin America, Europe, Russia and the Republics, Africa, Southwest Asia, South Asia, East Asia, Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Antarctica, etc.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.