- Table View
- List View
When it became certain that Edward VI was dying, the duke of Northumberland, made a plan that would let him hold onto his power. He dared not let Mary come to the throne because she was fiercely Catholic and he had espoused the Protestant cause.
Vidal Dhu wants to eliminate Elizabeth as a possible heir to the English throne, so he plans a scandal to disgrace her, rendering her unfit to rule.
"Exciting, romantic, and utterly satisfying. " -- Mary Jo Putney, USA Today bestselling author. A sparkling prize, the beautiful Mellusine of Ulle is awarded to the bastard-born Bruno of Jernaeve as a spoil of war. Bruno vows to tame the rebellious spirit of the captive beauty -- but ultimately surrenders to her charms. Born of different worlds, joined in the flames of passion and intrigue, they find new strength in each other's arms. . . and a burning love that defies all eternity.
England in the 16th century is a nation at a fatal fork in time, leading to two possible futures foreseen by the Sidhe of Elfhame Avalon. Either an evil queen will join forces with the Inquisition and rule with a blood-spattered iron hand, threatening humans and elves alike--or a benevolent, red-haired queen named Elizabeth will rule wisely and well.
Bold and beautiful, Lissa de Flael is caught up in a plot to prevent the signing of the Magna Carta when her husband is murdered. Sir Justin FitzAilwin, the noble and feared leader of the London watch, is sent to investigate. A single glorious night of desire between them becomes a shining, embattled alliance as intrigue and romance unfold in the turbulent and richly described setting of King John's 13th-century England.
In the name of peace, Lady Audris locked away her dreams of a passionate love, until Hugh Licorne, the only man in England strong enough to defend her from her enemies, claimed her as his own.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.