- Table View
- List View
Multiple sclerosis is the most common debilitating neurological disease in people under the age of forty in the developed world. Many publications cover medical and clinical approaches to the disease; however, The Biology of Multiple Sclerosis provides a clear and concise up-to-date overview of the scientific literature on the various theories of MS pathogenesis. Covering the main elements of scientific research into multiple sclerosis, the book contains chapters on the neuropathology of the disease as well as an account of the most extensively used animal model experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. The book contains chapters regarding the role of viruses in the development of multiple sclerosis. Viruses have long been implicated and chapters on animal models based on virus infection, as well as their possible role in the etiology of MS, are included. Of interest to MS researchers, the book is written to also be of value to postgraduate and medical students.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.