- Table View
- List View
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE will inspire and equip you to make a difference for the world. Featuring sustainability as their central theme, authors Tyler Miller and Scott Spoolman emphasize natural capital, natural capital degradation, solutions, trade-offs, and the importance of individuals. As a result, you will learn how nature works, how you interact with it, and how people have sustained'and can continue to sustain'our relationship with the earth by applying nature's lessons to economies and individual lifestyles. Engaging features like "Core Case Studies," "How Would You Vote" questions, and "Thinking About" exercises demonstrate the relevance of issues and encourage critical thinking. This edition has been updated with new learning tools, the latest content, and an enhanced art program.
Learn how to make a difference in our environment! This succinct 11-chapter, full-color textbook covers scientific principles and concepts, ecosystems, evolution, biodiversity, population ecology, and more. Sustainability is the integrating theme and co-authors G. Tyler Miller and Scott Spoolman help you find and implement useful environmental solutions in your life and career. Updated with new information, art, and "Good News" examples, this engaging book offers vivid case studies and hands-on quantitative exercises. The concept-centered approach transforms complex environmental topics and issues into key concepts that you will be able to understand and remember.
This book provides you with basic scientific tools for understanding and thinking critically about the environment and the environmental problems we face.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.