- Table View
- List View
In this current, thought-provoking environmental science textbook, G. Tyler Miller and new coauthor Scott Spoolman bring the concept of sustainability to the forefront. Students are engaged and motivated with vivid case studies and hands-on quantitative exercises. As the authors showcase four scientific principles of sustainability, they immerse students in the many practical steps they, as individuals, can take toward more sustainable lifestyles. The book's new concept-centered format transforms complex environmental topics and issues into key concepts that students will understand and remember.
The authors of this textbook focus on scientific principles of sustainability and immerse you in the many practical steps that you, as an individual, can take toward a more sustainable lifestyle. Sustainability focuses on the natural resources and natural services that support all life and economies. The book's concept-centered format transforms complex environmental topics and issues into key concepts that help you understand and remember.
Learn how to make a difference in our environment! Using sustainability as the central theme, this current and thought-provoking book provides you with basic scientific tools for understanding and thinking critically about the environment and the environmental problems we face. Updated with new information, art, and "Good News" examples, this engaging book offers vivid case studies and hands-on quantitative exercises. The concept-centered approach transforms complex environmental topics and issues into key
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.