- Table View
- List View
Ten-year-old Bobby Ellis loves everything about baseball, from the hits to the hot dogs. That's why he calls himself Bobby Baseball! Every day he dreams of becoming a major league pitcher and joining the stars in the Baseball Hall of Fame. And what better place to start his career than right here on his own Kids Club team, the Hawks?But the hawks' coach happens to be Bobby's father, who has other ideas. "You're a natural second baseman," he says, expecting Bobby to be a model player who never makes a single mistake. Get real, Dad!When Bobby pitches three winning games in a row, the Hawks rule. Suddenly Bobby's life seems like one big basball game--games on the field, games on TV, and games in his mind. Can Bobby keep on winning? Can he count on Dad?From the Trade Paperback edition.
Henry Green loves chocolate and eats it all the time. Even to the point of getting a case of Chocolate Fever!
Henry loves chocolate so much, it practically flows through his veins. Chocolate cake, chocolate cereal, chocolate syrup, chocolate milk and chocolate cookies-and that's just breakfast! Still, it comes as a shock when he suddenly breaks out in chocolaty brown spots and is diagnosed with none other than . . . Chocolate Fever. Rather than be poked and prodded by doctors, Henry runs away, starting an adventure that puts him in the path of schoolyard bullies, on the road with truckers and up against dangerous thieves. But at the end of it all, the question remains: Is there a cure for Chocolate Fever?
The Kleins were like any other close, loving family until the sudden death of Jane, the perfect wife, tore their lives apart. From then on, for Paul, it was all about coping. That was hard enough. Then Paul met Ruth. She could be his lover. She could become his wife. But she'd have to be mother to his kids in the house that forever would be Jane's house.
It's tough for eleven-year-old Ned to stop eating. At four-feet-eight inches tall he weighs one hundred and nine pounds, and he keeps growing--wider. When his pareents send him to a summer diet camp, he and his bunkmates can't quite give up their old habits. The joys of candy and doughnuts are so appealing that "cheating" adventures seems to be the only answer. The problem, of course, is how to lose weight and keep eating sweets. When Ned finally realizes that there is only one way to lose weight for good, his whole family is glad to help, except Grandma. How can he resist temptation without hurting his grandma and himself?From the Trade Paperback edition.
It's tough for 11-year-old Ned to stop eating, even when he's sent to a summer diet camp.
Peter thinks the only way he can reclaim his room is by declaring war on his grandfather.<P><P> Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award, William Allen White Award, Tennessee Children's Choice Book Award, Parents' Choice Award, An IRA-CBC Children's Choice, Mark Twain Award, Young Hoosier Award, South Carolina Children's Book Award, Pacific Northwest Library Association Young Reader's Choice Award, Georgia Children's Book Award.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.