- Table View
- List View
Set against the bright lights and live feed of daytime television, Satan's Sisters by veteran TV insider Star Jones spins an irresistible tale of ruthless ambition, guarded secrets, backstabbing drama, true sisterhood, and an unforgettable tour backstage where the real "talk" takes place. Satan's Sisters is the story of The Lunch Club, a long-running, popular ladies' talk show in which alliances are forged, careers are made, and bridges are burned. The show's famous red couch is ruled by its esteemed matriarch, Maxine Robinson, the first African American to become a network news anchor, who maintains a hidden safe of diaries chronicling others' indiscretions for posterity--and leverage as needed. But even all-knowing Maxine is caught off-guard when now superstar former co-host Heather Hope makes a ratings-gold guest appearance only to announce a bombshell: the imminent inside scoop straight from the mouth of another ousted member of The Lunch Club's inner sanctum. Self-described "southern belle" Melissa "Missy" Adams has written an explosive tell-all exposing all the Lunch ladies' secrets and she's going to reveal it on Heather's show; but the story is bigger than just the two of them. Delving into the murky waters of each of the current five co-hosts' lives--and the loved ones, lovers, and support team surrounding them--Satan's Sisters dishes the dirt while serving up laughs, suspense, solidarity, and heartbreak. The Lunch Club's beleaguered publicist is assigned to track down the embargoed manuscript and assess the potential damage to everyone's livelihood...but time is running out and there's now a new mole spilling details of the show's private panic moments. Looks like Maxine is going to have to take things into her own hands...but can she escape becoming collateral damage?
Smart, funny, provocative--she writes it like she talks it on The View!Strongly held beliefs, a wicked sense of humor, and take-no-prisoners opinions--her many fans have come to expect all this and more from Star Jones, co-host of ABC-TV's hit show The View.In this remarkable book, the former New York City prosecutor shows why she has become one of the most quoted and respected media personalities of our time. Here she touches fearlessly on subjects both conventional and controversial, such as the importance of family and friendship, the law, racism, abortion, television, politics, and her relationship with God. And she does it all with a unique and refreshing viewpoint that will make you think twice about everything you thought you knew.Here, too, is her powerful and intensely personal story, told with warmth, humor, and sometimes painful candor. This is an empowering memoir by a remarkable woman who not only walks the walk and talks the talk but challenges you to do the same.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.