Each year, the federal government awards billions of dollars in small-business contracts. ItÃ s both the lifeblood of hundreds of thousands of companies and a quagmire of red tape. One misstep can result in hefty fines, cancelled contractsÃ¹even jail time. The Small-Business Guide to Government Contracts puts a wealth of specialized legal counsel at readersÃ fingertips. ItÃ s the one book that looks beyond winning a piece of the $500 billion pie and concentrates on the crucial but complex Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other rules required for keeping the contract alive and avoiding penalties. Clear answers to the most important compliance questions are inside, including: Ã² Is a small business really small? Ã² Who is eligible for the HUBZone, 8(a), SDVO or WOSB programs? Ã² What salaries and benefits must be offered? Ã² What ethical requirements must be followed? Ã² When does affiliation become a liability? No one can afford to be lax with the rules or too harried to heed them. This book helps contractors meet their compliance obligationsÃ¹and keep the pipeline flowing.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.