- Table View
- List View
Create beautiful woodland-inspired accessories The gorgeous and cozy projects inColorwork Creationssimply beg to be knit. Choose from more than 30 hats, mittens and gloves that pair traditional Sanquhar knitting motifs with birds and beasts of the woodlands. Small enough for a quick-knitted gift, but precious enough to cherish forever, these pieces will, these pieces will delight and inspire for years to come. Colorwork Creationsfeatures: · Over 30 stunning patterns, ranging from ski hats, chullos and tams to flip-top mittens, knit in a wide variety of luscious yarns and colors. · Full-color charts showcasing traditional colorwork motifs and original designs inspired by creatures of the forest: nuthatches, butterflies, reindeer and more. · Detailed patterns, techniques and tips for stress-free knitting. An innovative "finger-to-cuff" construction method for mittens and gloves makes sizing and construction a breeze. · Options for mixing and matching motifs for truly unique and customized creations. Your adventure begins here: take a journey through colorwork with woodland-inspired knits.
Create beautiful woodland-inspired accessories The gorgeous and cozy projects in Colorwork Mittens & Gloves simply beg to be knit. Small enough for a quick-knitted gift, but precious enough to cherish forever, these pieces will delight and inspire for years to come. Your adventure begins here: take a journey through colorwork with woodland-inspired knits.
Knit Gorgeous Colorwork Accessories in the Nordic Tradition! Traditional Scandinavian and Icelandic designs are given new life in the projects found in Nordic Knitting Traditions. 25 projects feature original floral, star, feather and geometric motifs, all knit in fresh and modern colors. With a diverse collection of hats, tams, mittens, gloves, socks, knee-highs and legwarmers, you'll find plenty of jaw-dropping, colorful accessories to knit for yourself and the ones you love. Inside: Thoughtful construction and full-color charts make these designs easy to knit. Variations for knitting mittens and gloves in two ways and lengthening socks into knee-highs, as well as fully charted alternative colorways, allow you to achieve customized looks. "Complete the Look" instructions guide you to patterns that match, making it easy to create coordinating accessories. Tips and tricks for sizing, construction and stress-free knitting help you knit items that will become family heirlooms. Nordic Knitting Traditions celebrates the roots of stranded knitting with inspiring designs and elegant colorways. Start knitting your own piece of history today.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.