- Table View
- List View
"Till death us do part."A solemn wedding vow, and one Lord Deverell's young bride most ardently wishes to bring about-sooner rather than later! Only minutes after the wedding ceremony Alexandra is brandishing a pistol, accusing her husband of ruining her family.So Deverell makes one more vow-that he's completely innocent and will prove it. If she isn't totally convinced, then he'll take the consequences. He sets about winning Alexandra's trust-using every means at his disposal....
BREAKING THROUGH HIS DEFENSESWhen Colonel John Ancroft is persuaded to escort an elderly widow to Yorkshire, he has no idea that the lady in question is beautiful heiress Caroline Duval. Her disguise is only revealed when he happens upon her, her widow's weeds discarded, swimming naked in a pond in the woods.... Suddenly his selfcontrol is severely tested as he confronts this bewitching beauty. He's furious and undeniably attracted to Miss Duval. But she has embarked on a dangerous undertaking where scandal could ruin them both....
Miss Eleanor Southeran was reliably informed that independence of mind was not a desirable quality in a young lady. But, convinced that she could not love any of the fashionable fribbles of the Ton, Eleanor had so far evaded matrimony. Meeting Mr. Jonas Guthrie, a forthright, coolly cynical gentleman, was a refreshing change--until the scandal that surrounded his name was revealed. Believing herself deceived about his character, Eleanor intended never to see him again. But Jonas had other plans for her. . . .
Francesca Shelwood is mortified when Marcus Carne reappears in her life--he stole the most magical, illicit kisses from the young, innocent Francesca! And she swore never to forgive him after being punished for her "wanton" behavior. . . . Now, on her inheritance, Marcus has returned to offer the unimaginable--marriage! An indignant Francesca refuses, but very soon she walks headlong into danger--and the only man ready to sacrifice his life, and reputation, for her sake is Marcus. . . .
Rogues and rakes, society and scandal, babes born out of wedlock and old family secrets...all play a part in these tantalizing tales of passion, betrayal and honor, in which four feisty, independent women claim their place in society and in the arms of the men they love. Bundle includes A Very Unusual Governess by Sylvia Andrew, An Unconventional Duenna by Paula Marshall, Scandal and Miss Smith by Julia Byrne, and a special bonus, the short story A Twelfth Night Tale by Diane Gaston.
A Young Woman Disappears. A Husband Is Suspected Of Murder. Stirring Times For All The Neighborhood.When poor relation Deborah Staunton finds herself destitute, through no fault of her own, she is thrown on the mercy of the Percival family. Help presents itself in the highly eligible shape of Hugo Percival. Could he ever consider her as a possible wife?All Hugo wants is a well-ordered life with a calm, gentle lady, not an accident-prone miss who spreads disaster in her wake. Yet as the lively Deborah infiltrates his world, he begins to wonder whether she isn't exactly what he needs....
An Honorable PromiseLord Adam Calthorpe had been rash in his promise to look out for a fellow soldier's sister before the soldier was killed at the battle of Waterloo. For Miss Katherine Payne was a golden-eyed shrew who took genuine delight in flouting Adam's authority at every turn.Surely bringing her to stay with his mother for the Season would absolve him of his responsibilities-though he sincerely doubted such a headstrong young woman would ever find herself a husband in the marriage mart. But when an unscrupulous man starts pursuing Katherine, Adam comes to realize that fulfilling his promise might actually involve marrying her himself....
The Rake's ProposalNo society beauty had been able to tempt Lord Ivo Trenchard to give up the single life. None, that was, until he met an enchanting innocent-in boy's clothes-who challenged him to teach her how to kiss!He watched in amazement as the wild tomboy transformed into a stunningly elegant lady who took all of London by storm. His offer of marriage took them both by surprise.Was he merely protecting Joscelin Morley from a threatening scandal-or was she his true choice, his only love?
Respected spinster Miss Emily Winbolt, so cool and cynical with would-be suitors, puts her reputation at risk after tumbling into a stranger's arms. Suddenly, bleak loneliness is replaced with a wanton, exciting sense of abandon. But Emily is an heiress, and her rescuer none other than Sir William Ashenden, a man of some distinction. He needs to marry, and she yearns to believe that William wants plain, upright, suddenly reckless Emily-not for her fortune, but for herself. . . ;.
She intrigued him. . . Edward Barraclough's happy bachelor existence is thrown into a spin when he is forced to look after his two orphaned nieces. Employing the right governess is vital. Miss Petrie has the girls' support, while he has reservations. Unassuming and a little dowdy she may appear, but Edward suspects she's neither so humble nor respectful underneath! Independently wealthy Lady Octavia Petrie is on the verge of confessing that Edward has mistaken her for someone else. In a moment of sheer madness, prompted by his cynical attitude, she finds herself accepting the temporary position. From Lady to simple Miss--what has she let herself in for? Was she really what she seemed?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.