- Table View
- List View
American Government tells the story of how our government came to be. You will learn about all the branches of the government and their many jobs and see how leaders are elected, and how people can make a difference. You will learn about the role our government plays as one nation among many, and see that your government is "of the people, by the people, for the people." The book has two important pieces of writing-the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States.
As you go through this book, you will discover how people created a new nation in North America that was different from any other country. Every chapter starts with statements made to encourage readers in the units and chapters. There are questions presented at the beginning of every chapter that help students to focus on the main ideas throughout the book.
As you read America's History: Land of Liberty, you will discover how people created a new nation in North America that was different from any other country. That nation, the United States of America, was the only nation at the end of the 1700s where people made their own laws and ruled themselves without a king or queen. It was a great experiment because no one knew if a nation with such a government could survive. You will learn how the new nation not only survived, but grew larger and stronger.
Presents the history of the United States beginning with the cultural heritage of Native Americans and concluding with American achievements in world leadership and technology.
America's Story tells the story of the United States of America. This book tells how this country changed from a small nation to a very large one. There are maps and pictures in each chapter. As you read America's Story, you will learn how Americans have worked to make this country a land of freedom for more than 225 years.
America's Story tells the story of the United States of America. This book tells how the United States began. It also tells how the United States changed from a small country to a large country.
This affordable health text series for limited readers provides relevant information and a decision-making model to help students make educated life choices. This is an easy-to-read alternative to standard health texts.
As you study world geography, you will learn what the land looks like in different parts of the world. You will learn how people live in different places. You will study how people have changed the places where they live. You will also study the culture of people in different countries. Culture is the ideas, art, and way of life of a group of people. When you study about culture, you learn about food, clothing, sports, customs, and language of a group of people. Religion is also part of culture. Religion is the different ways people believe and pray to a god or to many gods.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.