- Table View
- List View
Lackey, who has enchanted readers since the publication of her first novel, Arrows of the Queen in 1987, scores another hit with the paperback release of the first book in an exciting new series. High magic had been lost to Valdemar when he gave his life to save his kingdom from destruction by the dark sorceries. Now it falls to Elspeth Herald, heir to the throne, to take up the challenge and seek a mentor who will awaken her mage abilities.
Exciting conclusion to the Mage-Winds trilogy. Elspeth & Darkwind return to Valdemar for a final confrontation with Ancar of Hardorn, the evil Adept Hulda, and a surprising ending for Falconsbane!
New York Times bestselling author Mercedes Lackey: In an isolated land where the lure of the "Moontide" leads to shipwrecks, a woman is torn between obeying her father or her king. When she chooses to follow a Fool, she discovers magic she'd never expected... at a price that might be too high. World Fantasy award winner Tanith Lee: Struggling under the curse of a dead comrade, Clirando, a warrior priestess unready to face the powers trapped within her, must face "The Heart of the Moon" to reveal what has been hidden. C. E. Murphy: In "Banshee Cries," ritual murders under a full moon lead Jo Walker to confront a Harbinger of Death. Maybe this "gift" she has is one she shouldn't ignore-- because the next life she has to save might be her own!
Pausert is the captain of the space ship Venture. Two young witches from the planet of Karres assure an interesting, if short, life. Sequel to The Witches of Karres by James H. Schmitz.
"Dear Mrs. Harton, As terrible as it is for us, we must send our daughter Sarah out of the dangers of Africa and back to the safety of England..." So began the letter that introduced twelve-year-old Sarah Jane Lyon-White to Isabelle Harton, who with her husband Frederick, ran The Harton School for Boys and Girls in central London. The letter seemed quite simple and straightforward, and to most people, it would have been. But Isabelle could detect the faint glow of "true magic" about the letter-she could tell that its writer, Sarah's mother, was a practitioner of Earth magic. She could even sense in it the presence of a true Earth Master-surely Sarah's father. It was what was not written in the letter that resonated to Isabelle's own finely tuned "extra" senses: "Sarah has gifts we cannot train," the letter whispered to her, "nor can anyone we know. Those we trust tell us that you can...."
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.