- Table View
- List View
Physics textbook for high school students.
Conceptual Physics, Tenth Edition helps readers connect physics to their everyday experiences and the world around them with additional help on solving more mathematical problems. Hewitt's text is famous for engaging readers with analogies and imagery from real-world situations that build a strong conceptual understanding of physical principles ranging from classical mechanics to modern physics. With this strong foundation, readers are better equipped to understand the equations and formulas of physics, and motivated to explore the thought-provoking exercises and fun projects in each chapter. Included in the package is the workbook. Mechanics, Properties of Matter, Heat, Sound, Electricity and Magnetism, Light, Atomic and Nuclear Physics, Relativity. For all readers interested in conceptual physics.
The author treats physics conceptually in this book, which means concepts are presented in familiar English, with equations as "guides to thinking." Comprehension of concepts before calculation is the key to understanding. Enjoy your physics!
This book guides the reader to see physics as the rules of the physical world, and to teach how the equations of physics reveal the connections in nature, focusing on the physics concepts themselves, their similarities, and their differences. This book contains analogies and clear explanations, more qualitative questions than algebraic problems to discover physics as fascinating, to provide a solid science foundation, and to see that knowledge of physics is important to overall education.
This seventh edition of the popular and exceptionally well written physics concept text with minimal mathematics contains new material sprinkled throughout, such as a treatment of measurements of the earth, moon, and sun by the early Greeks, capacitors, and more on rainbows. Individual sections have been clarified and updated. Problem sets are now at the end of most chapters. Most problems involve simple calculations that require minimal algebra skills. The text is profusely illustrated in full color with many helpful diagrams and down-to-earth examples. Annotation C. by Book News, Inc., Portland, Or.
This seventh edition of the popular and exceptionally well written physics concept text with minimal mathematics contains new material sprinkled throughout, such as a treatment of measurements of the earth, moon, and sun by the early Greeks, capacitors, and more on rainbows. Individual sections have been clarified and updated. Problem sets are now at the end of most chapters. Most problems involve simple calculations that require minimal algebra skills. The text is profusely illustrated in full color with many helpful diagrams and down-to-earth examples. Annotation c. by Book News, Inc., Portland, Or.
Physics textbook for high school students.
Physics textbook for high school students
Conceptual Physical Science: Explorations introduces physical science to students using a conceptual approach. It melds physics, chemistry, Earth science, and astronomy, in a manner that captivates student interest. This second edition of CPSE is a major upgrade from the first edition. In addition to a smoother flow of topics and updates to scientific advances (especially in astronomy) numerous new and exciting features are designed to help students learn most efficiently.
Conceptual Physical Science, Second Edition, with its important ancillaries, provides a first introduction to physics, chemistry, earth science, and astronomy, melded in a manner to captivate student interest.
Physics textbook for high school and college.
Textbook on physical science.
Science textbook for Florida students.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.