- Table View
- List View
Encargarse del trabajo de mayor nivel, ya sea como director ejecutivo de una empresa o gerente de un departamento, nunca es fácil. Cuando se hace de la forma correcta, resulta en un liderazgo inspirador; pero si se hace del modo contrario, puede llevar al desastre. Para ser eficaces, las personas a cargo deben darle a su equipo una razón para creer en sus talentos y su capacidad de poner a las personas a trabajar juntas. Un alto grado de liderazgo requiere determinación, autoridad, convicción, compasión y, lo más importante, la capacidad de dar un buen ejemplo. Puede parecer fácil, pero ponerlo en práctica puede llevar toda la vida. En Sé un líder modelo, el reconocido gurú del liderazgo John Baldoni revela las características y capacidades que deben tener los líderes para inspirar a otros a seguirlos.
Before you can lead others, you must learn to lead yourself. Yet those tasked with leadership roles must discover what their people - and their companies - respond to as they go. The Leader's Pocket Guide provides readers with concise, on-the-job expertise to inspire and direct them on their professional journey. Organized into three easy-reference sections - Self, Colleagues, and Organization - the book supplies readers with tactical tips on how to: * Deliver Inspiration * Demonstrate character * Develop confidence * Communicate with authority * Think critically * Foster innovation * Connect with others * Resolve conflicts * Add buzz to their leadership brand * Coach for development * Recognize achievement * Instill company-wide purpose * Deal with adversity Augmented by up-to-date research on the role of leaders and the expectations followers have for them, this pithy, powerful, and portable guide contains energizing action tips, self-assessments, and "Think About. . . " sections to spur readers on to reach continuously greater heights of leadership excellence.
A leader's most important job is to communicate. Every day, whether in a meeting or a presentation, a water-cooler conversation or a formal speech, his or her ability to craft and deliver a clear message, one the audience will believe, is the tipping point between forgettable and transformational. ' The Leader's Guide to Speaking with Presence ' is a concise tool kit containing more than 100 practical tips for creating and communicating meaningful messages with presence and authority. Readers will discover how to: - Present their ideas clearly and provide context - Radiate confidence and put the audience at ease - Refine their delivery - Use stories to inform, involve, and inspire - Leverage the energy of any room - Convey optimism tempered with reality to gain buy-in - Turn PowerPoint presentations into performances - And more To be truly effective, a leader's words need to ring true, and his or herdelivery needs to be authentic. This handy little guide helps readers achieve the kind of genuine presence that leads to lasting trust and quantifiable influence.
In this work for leaders of teams and organizations in the public and private sector, Baldoni, a leadership educator, considers special topics germane to organizational leadership in the post-recession era, when leaders and employees need to learn to cope with ambiguity and uncertainty. The author draws on interviews with 15 leaders from many different types of organizations, such as health systems, higher education, and technology, and on a 2010 leadership survey conducted for the American Management Association by NFI Research, which surveyed 1,100 people. With ideas founded on principles of positive organizational behavior, the author offers suggestions for cultivating creativity and collaboration, encouraging accountability, taking risks, and developing new leaders. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.