- Brief Synopsis:
- A teenager is mistakenly imprisoned after a terrorist attack. While he's in a secret prison, his city turns into a police state. Knowing no one will believe his story, he's determined to restore rights now denied the public in the name of security.
- Long Synopsis:
- Marcus, aka "w1n5t0n," is only seventeen years old, but he figures he already knows how the system works-- and how to work the system. Smart, fast, and wise to the ways of the networked world, he has no trouble outwitting his high school's intrusive but clumsy surveillance systems. But his whole world changes when, having skipped school, he and his friends find themselves caught in the aftermath of a major terrorist attack on San Francisco. In the wrong place at the wrong time, Marcus and his crew are apprehended by the Department of Homeland Security and whisked away to a secret prison, where they're mercilessly interrogated for days. When the DHS finally releases them, Marcus discovers that his city has become a police state, where every citizen is treated like a potential terrorist. He knows that no one will believe his story, which leaves him only one option: to take down the DHS himself. Can one teenage hacker fight back against a government out of control? Maybe, but only if he's really careful . . . and very, very smart.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- Book Size:
- 38 Pages
- Tom Doherty Associates
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- Mystery and Thrillers, Computers and Internet, Literature and Fiction, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Teens
- Submitted By:
- Carrie Karnos
- Proofread By:
- Usage Restrictions:
- This book is freely available to all subject to the Creative Commons license listed inside the book.
Reviews of Little Brother (0 reviews)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.