Psychological Approaches to Sports Injury Rehabilitation
You must sign in to Bookshare to download.
- Brief Synopsis:
- In dedicating this guide for rehabilitation specialists, consultants J. Taylor and S. Taylor (U. of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington) refer to frustration and patience as well as to pain and expertise.
- Long Synopsis:
- In dedicating this guide for rehabilitation specialists, consultants J. Taylor and S. Taylor (U. of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington) refer to frustration and patience as well as to pain and expertise, recognizing that bouncing back from sidelining sports injuries entails mind as well as body. Augmented by celebrity soundbites, the authors detail the referral process for assessing psychological problems; mental influences on rehabilitation (motivation, anxiety, focus); facilitatitive techniques (imagery, using negative thinking positively, pain management, social support); return to the sport; and development of a psychological rehab program (with sample forms, program prescription summaries). Annotation c. by Book News, Inc., Portland, Or.
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 360 Pages
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Aspen Publishers, Inc.
- Adult content:
- English US
- Science, Sports, Health, Mind and Body, Textbooks
- Grade Levels:
- College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior, Graduate Student, Adult Ed
- Submitted By:
- Proofread By:
Reviews of Psychological Approaches to Sports Injury Rehabilitation (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet