Job Hunting for Dummies (2nd edition)
You must sign in to Bookshare to download.
- Brief Synopsis:
- Job hunting advice and strategies from the CEO of the leading staffing company. It's all about selling yourself.
- Long Synopsis:
- Max Messmer's mother once told him to start pulling his own weight and get a job. So at age 11, he began making ladies' hand-crafted bracelets. He sold scores of them to her friends, neighbors, students, and even teachers. He enjoyed selling them so much it created a stir at school and took him away from his studies. His mom then put him out of business, forcing him back to basic homework. He learned something, though. Nothing happens until you make a sale. The job hunting process is no exception. No one will know your capabilities until you become an expert at selling them. (And if you saw these bracelets today, you'd know what a sales job it was, he says.) Inability to sell one's skills is one of the most frequent failings of job candidates, according to Messmer. Today, Max Messmer is chairman and CEO of Robert Half International Inc. (RHI), the world's largest specialized staffing firm, and one of the foremost experts on job searching and career management. If you've lost your job, remember that you are not alone. Most people have been let go more than once in their career. It no longer carries the stigma it once did, especially with the series of mergers and downsizings that have transformed today's workplace. In the grand scheme of things, this time will be relatively short. Best of luck in your search! - Max Messmer P. S. As for the reference to Dummies, I think we all know that the only dumb question is the one that's never asked. So you deserve praise for taking charge of your career and seeking answers!
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 385 Pages
- John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Robert Half International Inc.
- Adult content:
- English US
- Nonfiction, Self-Help, Business and Finance
- Submitted By:
- Robert Pires
- Proofread By:
- Grace Pires
Reviews of Job Hunting for Dummies (2nd edition) (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet