Andal's Nachiyar Thirumozhi
- Brief Synopsis:
- This is the second compilation by Andal consisting of 143 verses. Through this poem, she disclosed her passionate yearning for Lord Vishnu.
- Long Synopsis:
- Andal was a 10th century Tamil poet who is revered as a saint in the southern parts of India. Infact, she is considered as one of the twelve Alvars (saints) and the only woman Alvar (saint) of Vaishnavism (a cult devoted to Lord Vishnu). After her first work known as Thiruppavai, this one, Nachiyar Thirumozhi is the second compilation by Andal consisting of 143 verses. Through this poem, she disclosed her passionate yearning for Lord Vishnu. These 143 verses are a part of the 4000 hyms of Nalayira Divya Prabandham and are organized in 14 segments, each one called a tirumozhi. The poems compiled by Andal in her teenage years, display a high level of literary and religious maturity.
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 146 Pages
- Project Madurai
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Project Madurai
- Adult content:
- Poetry, Religion and Spirituality
- Submitted By:
- Worth Trust
- Proofread By:
- Devi Ramaseshan
Reviews of Andal's Nachiyar Thirumozhi (0 reviews)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.