iPhone SDK Application Development: Building Applications for the Appstore
This practical book offers the knowledge and code you need to create cutting-edge mobile applications and games for the iPhone and iPod Touch, using Apple's iPhone SDK. iPhone SDK Application Development introduces you to this development paradigm and the Objective-C language it uses with numerous examples, and also walks you through the many SDK frameworks necessary for designing full-featured applications.
This book will help you:
* Design user interface elements with Interface Builder and the UI Kit framework
* Create application controls, such as windows and navigation bars
* Build and manage layers and transformations using Core Graphics and Quartz Core
* Mix and play sound files using AVFoundation, and record and play back digital sound streams using Audio Toolbox
* Handle network programming with the CFNetwork framework
* Use the Core Location framework to interact with the iPhone's GPS
* Add movie players to your application
iPhone SDK Application Development will benefit experienced developers and those just starting out on the iPhone. Important development concepts are explained thoroughly, and enough advanced examples are provided to make this book a great reference once you become an expert.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Date of Addition:
- Copyrighted By:
- Jonathan Zdziarski
- Adult content:
Computers and Internet
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
- Usage Restrictions:
This is a copyrighted book.