End in Tears (Inspector Wexford #20)
- Brief Synopsis:
- The first death could have been an accident. When Mavis Ambrose is killed by a falling chunk of concrete, the police have no reason to suspect mischief.
- Long Synopsis:
- The first death could have been an accident. When Mavis Ambrose is killed by a falling chunk of concrete, the police have no reason to suspect mischief. However, the bludgeoning of the young and gorgeous Amber Marshalson that follows is clearly murder. In the midst of the hottest summer on record, Inspector Wexford is called in to investigate. He discovers the two cases may be linked, and that Amber was at the scene of Mavis's death. When a third body is found, the case takes a disturbing and unexpected turn. The deeper Wexford digs, the darker the realities become, and what he finds leaves him feeling lost in a world absent of morals.From the Trade Paperback edition. dark humor, and trenchant social commentary into gripping and fast-paced plots, Ruth Rendell is in top form with End in Tears. Taking off from the first page with back-to-back murders and ending with one of Wexford's own officers in mortal danger, End in Tears touches on issues of class, race, parenthood, aging, and gender roles as it brings the traditional British whodunit into the twenty-first century.Also available as a Random House AudioBook, Large Print edition, and eBook. From the Hardcover edition.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Kingsmarkham Enterprises, Ltd.
- Adult content:
- Literature and Fiction, Mystery and Thrillers
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.
Reviews of End in Tears (Inspector Wexford #20) (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet