- "They have sent me here because of what happened on the pylon." When Clodagh Brown writes these words at the age of nineteen, she believes that she is leaving behind the traumatic events of her youth. But Clodagh soon learns that you can never entirely escape your past.In the aftermath of the incident on the pylon--one of the great electrified structures that dot the English countryside like so many gargantuan grasshoppers--Clodagh goes off to university, moves into a basement flat arranged by her unsympathetic family, and finds freedom trekking across London's rooftops with a gang of neighborhood misfits. As she begins a thrilling relationship with a fellow climber, however, both Clodagh and the reader are haunted by the memory of the pylon and of the terrible thing that happened there--and by the eerie sense that another tragedy is just a footfall away. From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- Related ISBNs:
- 9780375726507, 9780140293029, 9780670891757, 9780754014638
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group
- Date of Addition:
- Copyrighted By:
- Kingsmarkham Enterprises Ltd.
- Adult content:
- Literature and Fiction, Mystery and Thrillers
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.