CK-12 Earth Science
- Brief Synopsis:
- CK-12 Foundation's Earth Science FlexBook Covers the following chapters: What is Earth Science- scientific method and branches of earth science. Studying Earth's Surface- landforms, map projections and computers/satellites.
- Long Synopsis:
- CK-12 Foundation's Earth Science FlexBook Covers the following chapters: What is Earth Science- scientific method and branches of earth science. Studying Earth's Surface- landforms, map projections and computers/satellites. Earth's Minerals- types, formation, identification , properties and uses. Rocks- rock cycle and types of rocks. Earth's Energy- renewable and nonrenewable resources. Plate Tectonics- Earth's interior, continental drift, seafloor spreading, tectonic movement, plate boundaries, and landforms. Earthquakes- causes, prediction, safety, seismic waves/tsunamis, and rock/mountain building. Volcanoes- formation, landforms and types of magma and eruptions. Weathering and Formation of Soil- mechanical/chemical weathering and soil formation, horizions & climates. Erosion and Deposition- actions of water, wind and gravity. Evidence about the Earth's Past- fossilization and relative/absolute dating. Earth's History- geological time, early history and evolution. Earth's Freshwater- water cycle and lakes, rivers, streams & groundwater. Earth's Oceans- formation, composition, waves/tides, seafloor and ocean life. Earth's Atmosphere- properties, significance, layers, transfer of energy and movement of air. Weather- cloud types, air movement, storms, and forecasting. Climate- factors that affect climate, different climates, and global climate change. Ecosystems and Human Population- role, flow of matter/energy, carbon cycle and effect of human population growth. Human Actions and the Land- erosion and pollution. Human Actions and the Earth's Resources- renewable vs. nonrenewable and conservation & availability. Human Actions and the Earth's Water- usage, distribution, sources, pollution, and protection. Human Action and the Atmosphere- types, causes, effects and reductionObserving and Exploring Space- electromagnetic radiation, telescopes, and current discoveriesEarth, Moon and Sun- properties, motion, tides/eclipses, sun layers and solar activityThe Solar System- motion, formation, inner vs. outer planets, dwarf planets, meteors, asteroids, and comets. Stars, Galaxies and the Universe- constellations, light/energy of stars, classification, evolution, galaxies, dark matter, dark energy, and the Big Bang Theory.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- CK-12 Foundation
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- English US
- Science, Textbooks
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
Reviews of CK-12 Earth Science (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.