- Brief Synopsis:
- CK-12 Foundation's Geometry FlexBook covers the following chapters: Basics of Geometry - undefined terms, defined terms, basic postulates of points, lines and planes; distances on a coordinate grid; complementary and supplementary angles; vertical
- Long Synopsis:
- CK-12 Foundation's Geometry FlexBook covers the following chapters: Basics of Geometry - undefined terms, defined terms, basic postulates of points, lines and planes; distances on a coordinate grid; complementary and supplementary angles; vertical angles; linear pairs and classification of polygons. Reasoning and Proof - inductive reasoning, deductive reasoning, conditional statements, properties of equality and two-column proofs. Parallel and Perpendicular Lines - the parallel line postulate, the perpendicular line postulate, and angles formed by two parallel lines and a non-perpendicular transversal. Congruent Triangles - the Triangle Sum theorem, triangle congruence, the SSS and ASA postulates, the AAS congruence theorem, two-column and flow proofs, the HL congruence theorem, AAA and SSA relationships, isosceles and equilateral triangles. Relationships Within Triangles - the midsegment theorem, the perpendicular bisector theorem, the angle bisector theorem, the concurrency of medians theorem, Napoleon's theorem, and the triangle inequality theorems. Quadrilaterals - interior angles of convex quadrilaterals, classifying quadrilaterals, properties of parallelograms, properties of rhombi, rectangles and squares, and properties of trapezoids. Similarity - ratio and proportion, properties of similar polygons, AAA and AA rules for similar triangles, using SSS and SAS to solve problems about similar triangles, identifying proportional segments in triangles and similarity transformations. Right Triangle Trigonometry - using the Pythagorean theorem when working with right triangles, classification of triangles, the converse of the Pythagorean theorem, using the geometric mean, properties of special right triangles, and trigonometric ratios. Circles - relationships between congruent and similar circles, the equation of a circle, tangent lines, arc measures, chords, inscribed angles, and angles formed by chords, secants and tangents. Perimeter and Area - finding the area of polygons, using scale drawings or models, finding the circumference of a circle, areas of circles and sectors, calculating the areas and perimeters of regular polygons and geometric probability. Transformations - transformations of figures in two-dimensional space including translations, reflections, rotations and dilations.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- CK-12 Foundation
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- Nonfiction, Mathematics and Statistics, Textbooks, Science
- Grade Levels:
- Twelfth grade, Eleventh grade, Tenth grade, Ninth grade
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
- Usage Restrictions:
- This book is freely available to all subject to the Creative Commons license listed inside the book.
Reviews of CK-12 Geometry (0 reviews)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.