- Brief Synopsis:
- CK-12 Foundation's Geometry FlexBook covers the following chapters: Basics of Geometry - undefined terms, defined terms, basic postulates of points, lines and planes; distances on a coordinate grid; complementary and supplementary angles; vertical
- Long Synopsis:
- CK-12 Foundation's Geometry FlexBook covers the following chapters: Basics of Geometry - undefined terms, defined terms, basic postulates of points, lines and planes; distances on a coordinate grid; complementary and supplementary angles; vertical angles; linear pairs and classification of polygons. Reasoning and Proof - inductive reasoning, deductive reasoning, conditional statements, properties of equality and two-column proofs. Parallel and Perpendicular Lines - the parallel line postulate, the perpendicular line postulate, and angles formed by two parallel lines and a non-perpendicular transversal. Congruent Triangles - the Triangle Sum theorem, triangle congruence, the SSS and ASA postulates, the AAS congruence theorem, two-column and flow proofs, the HL congruence theorem, AAA and SSA relationships, isosceles and equilateral triangles. Relationships Within Triangles - the midsegment theorem, the perpendicular bisector theorem, the angle bisector theorem, the concurrency of medians theorem, Napoleon's theorem, and the triangle inequality theorems. Quadrilaterals - interior angles of convex quadrilaterals, classifying quadrilaterals, properties of parallelograms, properties of rhombi, rectangles and squares, and properties of trapezoids. Similarity - ratio and proportion, properties of similar polygons, AAA and AA rules for similar triangles, using SSS and SAS to solve problems about similar triangles, identifying proportional segments in triangles and similarity transformations. Right Triangle Trigonometry - using the Pythagorean theorem when working with right triangles, classification of triangles, the converse of the Pythagorean theorem, using the geometric mean, properties of special right triangles, and trigonometric ratios. Circles - relationships between congruent and similar circles, the equation of a circle, tangent lines, arc measures, chords, inscribed angles, and angles formed by chords, secants and tangents. Perimeter and Area - finding the area of polygons, using scale drawings or models, finding the circumference of a circle, areas of circles and sectors, calculating the areas and perimeters of regular polygons and geometric probability. Transformations - transformations of figures in two-dimensional space including translations, reflections, rotations and dilations.
- Book Quality:
- Publisher Quality
- CK-12 Foundation
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Adult content:
- English US
- Educational Materials, Science, Textbooks
- Submitted By:
- Bookshare Staff
Reviews of CK-12 Geometry (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.