Shoelaces and Brussel Sprouts (Alex Series Book #1)
You must sign in to Bookshare to download.
- Brief Synopsis:
- Alex, a young Christian girl, lies to her mother about losing her shoelaces. Without them she clonks around in cowboy boots and can't participate in baseball practice. While trying to get a new pair she tells more lies. Each day is worse than the last. Includes picture descriptions. Ages 7-10.
- Long Synopsis:
- [from the back cover] "One little lie, but big trouble! When Alex lies to her mom about losing her shoelaces, it doesn't seem like a big deal. But how do you replace special baseball laces when you don't have any money and you're not allowed to go to the store alone? A big softball game is coming up, and Alex knows the coach won't let her pitch in shoes without laces--or in cowboy boots! Every kid gets into the predicaments that Alex does--ones that start out small and mushroom. Readers will learn from Alex's mistakes and understand that they have the same sources of help that she turns to: A God who loves them and parents who understand." Value truthfulness, Interest level ages 7-10. There are more books in the Alex Series in the Bookshare Collection. Look for #1 Shoelaces and Brussels Sprouts, #5 Mint Cookie Miracles, and #9 T-Bone Trouble, with more to come.
- Book Quality:
- Book Size:
- 120 Pages
- David C. Cook Publishing Company
- Date of Addition:
- Copyright Date:
- Copyrighted By:
- Nancy R. Simpson
- Adult content:
- English US
- Children's Books, Literature and Fiction, Religion and Spirituality
- Grade Levels:
- Third grade, Fourth grade, Fifth grade, Sixth grade
- Submitted By:
- Evan Reese
- Proofread By:
Reviews of Shoelaces and Brussel Sprouts (Alex Series Book #1) (0 reviews)
0 - No Rating Yet